Your Team responsibilities
MSCI provides best-in-class commercial real estate data and analytic products to customers both in the U.S. and globally. As a company, we take tremendous pride in our offerings and as such, have invested wholesale in the people, processes, and technology behind them. We want you to be a part of it by joining our Engineering team—becoming immersed in developing these products with cutting edge technology, proven processes, and so... Visa mer
Your Team responsibilities
MSCI provides best-in-class commercial real estate data and analytic products to customers both in the U.S. and globally. As a company, we take tremendous pride in our offerings and as such, have invested wholesale in the people, processes, and technology behind them. We want you to be a part of it by joining our Engineering team—becoming immersed in developing these products with cutting edge technology, proven processes, and some of brightest minds in the business.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
• Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
• Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
• A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
• A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
• A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
• Develop and support scalable, extensible and highly-available data pipelines on heterogeneous datasets that power downstream applications and systems and serve content to our web and API products
• Closely collaborate with partners across product and design, engineering, and business teams to drive innovations that improve our customers’ experience
• Follow software-development best practices including test-driven development, contributing to documentation, feature flagging, etc
• Help to maintain and improve existing ETL pipelines
• Work with your team to troubleshoot and fix issues in ingest and processing, taking into account the dependencies and integration points
• Collaborate with DevOps to plan resources and continuously optimize the infrastructure and configuration of our data pipelines to ensure a healthy and high-performance production deployments
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or a related field
• Working knowledge and experience of databricks and/or data solutions in azure cloud
• Solid comprehension of common design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
• Solid understanding of distributed systems
• Working knowledge of containerization
• 2+ years of relevant back-end programming experience using languages such as Python, Node.js, Scala, or Java
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience with event-driven processing within a microservices oriented architecture
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development, Refactoring, Clean Code and Clean Architecture
• Experience working in an Agile software development organization
• Experience in several areas of our technology stack, including: Kafka, Dremio, MongoDB, MS , ElasticSearch
How we’ll support you
• Coaching and support from experts in your team
• A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
• Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
• Goal based objectives and development plans
• Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
• Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community. Visa mindre