Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, and based on the Arctic region, we create global social benefit. Our scientific and artistic research and education are conducted in close collaboration with international, national and regional companies, public actors and leading universities. Luleå University of... Visa mer
Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, and based on the Arctic region, we create global social benefit. Our scientific and artistic research and education are conducted in close collaboration with international, national and regional companies, public actors and leading universities. Luleå University of Technology has a total turnover of SEK 1.9 billion per year. We currently have 1,840 employees and 17,670 students.
In the coming years, multi-billion investments will be made in large projects in Northern Sweden to create a fossil-free society both nationally and globally. Luleå University of Technology is involved in several of these cutting-edge research projects and in the societal transformation that they entail. We offer a broad range of courses and study programmes to match the skills in demand. We hope that you will help us to build the sustainable companies and societies of the future.
The Department is employing a Professor and Head of Subject to continue to lead, strengthen, and develop the research within Operation and Maintenance Engineering.
Operation and Maintenance Engineering integrates scientific understanding of RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) engineering, asset performance and life cycle management with cutting-edge technologies and methodologies from various domains, ensuring reliable and sustainable practices that adapt to a dynamic and changing environment. The research paves the way for innovative solutions to complex challenges faced by industrial and society.
The position as professor/head of subject includes an overall responsibility to lead and develop the subject, which comprises research and first-, second- and third-cycle education. The professor/head of subject also has a particular responsibility to ensure the funding of the activities and contacts with the wider community. An important task is to build a strong research subject where doctoral students, staff and students grow. The position as professor/head of subject is a permanent position.
Qualified for an appointment as a professor are those who have demonstrated both research and teaching expertise. As much attention must be given to the assessment of teaching expertise as to the assessment of research expertise.
In order to meet the requirements for the appointment as a professor, the applicants must:
• be prominent within their subject area and demonstrate, within that area, original and innovative scientific activities of high international standard, comprising a complete scientific production equivalent to at least three doctoral theses.
• demonstrate academic leadership through, for example,
• research-related commissions of trust, for instance, as an external expert, an external reviewer or a member of an examining committee
• management of national and/or international research projects
• experience of applying for and being granted, in competition, external funding for research and development projects
• experience of managerial tasks within a university.
• demonstrate the ability to collaborate with the wider community through, for example
• dissemination of new knowledge to a wider community
• incorporation of societal needs into research and/or education contexts
• have experience of supervising doctoral students and have been the principal supervisor for at least one doctoral student for the entire period from admission to doctoral degree unless there are special grounds to the contrary
• have demonstrated teaching expertise and have experience of pedagogical development.
When recruiting a professor/head of subject, great importance must be attached to leadership skills. Such skills include, for example:
• experience of management responsibility, conflict management and staff development
• self-knowledge and capacity to reflect on their own management experience
• demonstration of budget responsibility or other financial responsibilities.
The following assessment criteria are applied for the position:
• research expertise
• teaching expertise
• ability to lead and develop research and education activities
• additional assessment criteria: (equally weighted):
• the ability to obtain external research and development funding
• experience in developing original and innovative research programs
• experience in pedagogical development, individually and in the faculty, for both courses and programs, and student recruitment activities
• the ability to collaborate with the surrounding community
• experience of leadership roles and responsibilities
• experience of Academic managerial tasks
• proficiency in development and leadership of activities and staff at the University
• good communication skills in English, verbally and writing.
In addition, other objective grounds, such as the university’s gender, equality, equity, and diversity goals, shall be taken into account.
It is preferable that the candidate is able to communicate in Swedish within a 3-year period. Luleå University of Technology offers tailor-made courses to reach an acceptable level of Swedish.
Full-time fixed term employment with placement in Luleå. Starting: According to agreement.
For further information about the position, please contact Senior Lecturer Johan Odelius, +46 920-49 30 31, [email protected]
or Head of Department Charlotta Johansson, +46 920-49 18 67, [email protected]
For full advertisement go to: https://www.ltu.se/ltu/Lediga-jobb?l=en
SACO-S Kjell Johansson +46 920-49 1529 [email protected]
OFR-S Lars Frisk +46 920-49 1792 [email protected]
We prefer that you apply for this position by clicking on the apply button below. The application should include a CV, personal letter and copies of verified diplomas from high school and universities. Mark your application with the reference number below. Your application, including diplomas, must be written in English or Swedish.
Closing date for applications: February 9, 2024.
Reference number: 4343-2023 Visa mindre